Find out latest news from Nordkalk
SigmaRoc PLC, a UK-based quarried materials group, and Rettig Group have today announced the completion of the transaction, according to which SigmaRoc acquires Nordkalk Corporation from Rettig Group, as announced on 15 July 2021. As part of the transaction Rettig Group becomes a significant shareholder in SigmaRoc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange AIM Market. Nordkalk’s operations will continue as is and no changes are expected to our customer and supplier agreements or contact persons as a result of the new ownership.
Nordkalk will continue serving its customers under the current name, organisation and markets. Nordkalk forms SigmaRoc’s independent Northern European platform and adds a core limestone products stream to the Group. Nordkalk’s Management Team will remain in place under the leadership of Paul Gustavsson, who will join the Group’s Executive Committee.
“SigmaRoc is an ideal new owner to Nordkalk. They have a long-term perspective and commitment to invest in our strategy to become the leading limestone player focused on sustainable solutions. There is a nice fit of strategies and a mindset that supports Nordkalk’s continued profitable growth and development”, said Paul Gustavsson, CEO of Nordkalk.
“We are impressed by the successful development work undertaken at Nordkalk over the recent years, and are looking forward to supporting Nordkalk’s development as the company transitions into the next phase as part of SigmaRoc. We also welcome Rettig Group as significant shareholder in SigmaRoc”, said Max Vermorken, CEO of SigmaRoc.
SigmaRoc in brief:
- An AIM-quoted, quarried materials group founded in 2016 by the current management.
- Decentralised operating model based on platforms of activity in regional markets. Maintaining niche portfolio of products, services and customers that are serviced with a ‘local’ mentality.
- Growth is driven by targeted acquisitions of businesses with strong reserves and assets and/or potential for integration into existing regional platforms to unlock synergies.
- Currently operating 5 platforms in the UK, Wales, Belgium and the Channel Islands, Nordkalk will form the 6th platform in Northern Europe.
- The Group supplies a wide range of materials ranging from cement and asphalt to precast concrete products. In addition, Nordkalk, as the 6th platform, will open a range of opportunities to incorporate limestone products to this offering.
Read more from: www.sigmaroc.com
Paul Gustavsson, CEO, Nordkalk
Tel. +358 50 385 8670 (Nordkalk Communications)
Max Vermorken, CEO, SigmaRoc
Matts Rosenberg, CEO, Rettig Group
Tel. +358 40 745 5276
Nordkalk is the leading limestone company in Northern Europe. We deliver essential raw materials to numerous industries, and our solutions contribute to clean air and water as well as productivity of agricultural land.