in a responsible manner
Highlights in 2015
- accident rate improved to 7.4 from 9.9 in 2014 (based on the number of LTA1 accidents per million work hours by own employees)
- number of total accidents decreased to 34 from 43 in 2014 (including accidents of subcontractors).
- record number of safety observations: average 3.5 per employee (2.4 in 2014)
- a weekly safety tip introduced in Finland to improve information sharing
- campaign ”Safety begins with me” was created, drawing attention to attitudes
Nordkalk is the leading limestone company on its home markets. We deliver essential raw materials to numerous industries, and our solutions contribute to clean air and water as well as productivity of agricultural land.